Below is a short list of resources for breast density and breast cancer risk. It’s a mix of foundations, societies, associations, media…
American College of Radiology
- The American College of Radiology (ACR) is dedicated to being the premier source of information on radiology and nuclear medicine.
- Click to go to American College of Radiology
Are You Dense?
- The mission of Are You Dense, Inc. is to educate the public about the risks and screening challenges of dense breast tissue and its impact on missed, delayed and advanced stage breast cancer to reduce advanced disease and mortality.
- Click to go to Are You Dense?
Association of Medical Imaging Management
- The Association for Medical Imaging Management is the professional organization representing management at all levels of hospital imaging departments, freestanding imaging centers, and group practices.
AHRA is a resource and catalyst for the development of professional leadership in medical imaging management.
- Click to go to Association of Medical Imaging Management
- AuntMinnie.com provides the first comprehensive community Internet site for radiologists and related professionals in the medical imaging industry.
- Click to go to AuntMinnie.com
- DenseBreast-info.org is an information resource focused on providing breast density information to both patients and health care professionals.
- Click to go to Dense Breast-info
Mammography Quality Standards Act and Program
- The FDA’s Mammography Program within the Center for Devices and Radiological Health website informs mammography facility personnel, inspectors, and other interested individuals about the implementation of the Mammography Quality Standards Act of 1992 (MQSA).
- Click to go to Mammography Quality Standards Act and Program
National Consortium of Breast Centers
- National Consortium of Breast Centers, Inc. is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to excellence in breast health care for the general public.
Members include breast health professionals who provide direct patient care and corporations and businesses that provide services or products to breast health professionals and their organizations.
- Click to go to National Consortium of Breast Centers
Radiological Society of America (RSNA)
- The Radiological Society of North America (RSNA®) is an international society of radiologists, medical physicists and other medical professionals with more than 54,000 members from 136 countries across the globe.
- Click to go to Radiological Society of America (RSNA)
Society of Breast Imaging (SBI)
- Society of Breast Imaging’s core mission is to save lives through early detection, quality education, and trusted information provided to patients, physicians and organizations worldwide.
- Click to go to Society of Breast Imaging (SBI)